MEET THE SOUS CHEF!

I DO ALL THE BAKING, CHARLEY KEEPS ME COMPANY AND LICKS UP MY MESSES.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Hit the Duck!!!!!!








it was SO hot.......in the kitchen with the oven on that I gave up baking halfway through. That, and the cookie dough recipe I was so excited about finding, well, I didn't think it was going to be exactly what I wanted. I was right.

What I was dreaming about, was a lemon flavored sugar cookie, shaped like a duck, frosted with my first ever attempt at Royal Icing. What I got instead was, two heaps of dough wrapped and put in the freezer until a later date (let's hope that works) and about 16 or so oddly decorated little ducklings. The Royal Icing put on hold- and cookies that don't taste like lemon.

I gave in and ate one today- they ARE in fact good. Just not what me and Charley Boy had in mind. They turned out to be kind of cute, in a late Easter Spring sort of way, but still disappointing.

I even made Boyf his own duckling, he commented that it looked crazy, so I added a little bit more crazy to it. I bet you can guess which one is for him if you look!!

1 comment: