MEET THE SOUS CHEF!

I DO ALL THE BAKING, CHARLEY KEEPS ME COMPANY AND LICKS UP MY MESSES.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter....a time for recycling. Recipes, that is!









SOOOooooooo, I made my Wibs. Wibs as in, Ribs. They were pretty darn good, the sauce was deelish and the meat Oh So Tender, "must be careful scooping from crockpot as to not remove meat from bones before sauce application..." EEeee, Boyf assited as I lifted wee meat out and placed upon smoky tasty grill.
They only need to be on the grill long enough to get a. smoky and b. the sauce gets congealed onto the previously mentioned MEAT.

I also saved enough of my Bake Sale cupcakes to serve as dessert....and of course the Easter bunneh dropped by with treats, too! Cadbury Cream Eggs anyone? I did learn today that they are filled with FONDANT! I had no idea.

I did have ONE new recipe today...a fairly easy one at that. Of COURSE My mom was the one who clued me in to this very tasty new wave potato salad:

Red Potatoes, cooked and cooled halfway (enough to feed your guests, duh)
Brown Spicy Mustard, 4 parts
Honey, 2 parts
Balsamic Vinegar, 3 parts
Green Onion Chopped, 2 parts
Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (as a garnish, Yeeeeeeeeeeeah!) MANY parts.

I also decided to show off my latest gift from 1. Maren at Rowe, who got them from 2. the amazing people at Smocks! I appear to be not wearing much under said Smock- but do.not.be.fooled. I have on a dress. Sheesh. Get ur mind out of the guttah.

Charley was being very camera shy- and even with Boyf's encouragement, he still wouldn't crack a smile. Dakota, on the other hand, was primed and ready for her cameo. Koderino!!

No comments:

Post a Comment