MEET THE SOUS CHEF!

I DO ALL THE BAKING, CHARLEY KEEPS ME COMPANY AND LICKS UP MY MESSES.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Black Bean Brownies

Samson Sous Chef returns.

Samson seemed a little skeptical, but I have been feeling very experimental in the cooking department. I had a friend send me a recipe for brownies based on black beans. The recipe can be found here:
http://vegetablewithmore.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Recipe.aspx?nprid=161701

I took the advice of some folks on that website, and I substituted some coconut oil for the vegetable oil, and 1tsp cinnamon for the instant coffee, and added 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
Basically you just put everything in a blender, give it a whirl, and bake! It was so easy! I sprinkled some mini chocolate chips on top:
The batter tasted good, so I was fairly confident these 'brownies' would be quite tasty.
They smelled wonderful while they were cooking!

And, best of all, they tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment