MEET THE SOUS CHEF!

I DO ALL THE BAKING, CHARLEY KEEPS ME COMPANY AND LICKS UP MY MESSES.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

They smelled SO good.....







Boyf and I were at the grocery today and the Giant Red Grapefruits were teasing me with their overwhelming scent. As a kid, we used to pile on the sugar to make them edible...so I thought pairing the juice with piles of powdered sugar HAD to be equally as tasty in frosting form.

So, I gave it a shot, and it sort of worked. I made regular white cake cupcakes, and turned my favorite frosting into Pink Grapefruit Buttercream Frosting! The frosting tastes awesome, but ended up a bit thinner then I would have liked. Charley was curious and bugging me as usual, so i thought I would give him his first taste of Grapefruit. Judging the before and after, I would say that he didn't care for my trick. Oh Charley!

No comments:

Post a Comment