MEET THE SOUS CHEF!

I DO ALL THE BAKING, CHARLEY KEEPS ME COMPANY AND LICKS UP MY MESSES.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring Fling- Key Lime Cupcakes!




With the weather looking up, it only seemed right to make some Key Lime Cupcakes with a surprise Key Lime (kinda looks like ecto-cooler) filling. Yum.

Charley, as usual was as helpful as ever. Even going so far as to lick some evidence off of my pants. Who doesn't get frosting on their pants when cooking?!!?

For the cake, I totally cheated and used Betty Crocker White cake mix, GASP! Box mix, yes.

FILLING:
1 box of instant vanilla pudding
1/4 cup lime jiuce
drops of green food coloring
1 1/2 cups of whipping cream
1 1/2 cups of powered sugar
whip it in the kitchen aid, place in fridge to firm up.

FROSTING:
I have had past luck with this recipe for Lemon butter cream frosting, so why not lime?
1 cup butter- room temperature
31/2 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
juice from 1-2 Limes
lime zest
beat butter and sugar first
add in other ingredients and beat until light and fluffy

YUMMMY!
Boyf said that maybe the goo in the middle was too much, but I did it anyways.

I had extra goo, so while I was at the store I nabbed some lil graham cracker pie crusts just in case! Good thing, you can see the little ecto-pies in the background of one of the cupcake shots.
Wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment